Losing Ground: Community Engagement
Laura Frank, executive director, I-News Network
Dear fellow Coloradan,
I am pleased to present to you a special report from the I-News Network at Rocky Mountain PBS, and I invite you to participate in a new way that public media serves the public.
Our new report called Losing Ground uncovers startling facts about race, disparity, progress and the future of Colorado. Despite Colorado’s rich civil rights history, something strange has happened in recent decades. Gains in equality are disappearing.We’ve shared Losing Ground with media throughout Colorado, and we’re featuring it on our website and our RMPBS show Colorado State of Mind. What you learn from Losing Ground may inspire you to join – or even lead – a conversation about important issues it raises.
In this packet, you will find tools that can help you do that:
- Fact Sheet. Major findings and talking points from the Losing Ground series.
- Conversation Guide. Suggested questions and tips to help you start or lead a conversation.
- Social Media. Tweets and posts for conversations on social media, such as Twitter or Facebook.
- Q&A. Simple questions and answers about Losing Ground.
- Action Opportunities. If you are inspired or concerned about what you learn from Losing Ground, this sheet can help you determine what you can do about it
You can download a PDF version of this web page at this link: Losing Ground: Community Engagement Packet.
Thank you for engaging on these important issues. Please share your thoughts with me at LFrank@iNewsNetwork.org
The I-News Network